Friday, August 1, 2008

Another point of view





Erv here. Sometimes Sandra gets just a leeeeetle to romantic about this place. Sure, it's beautiful and all that, but the weather truly sucks. Our first night in Denali it rained hard all night. Our second night the wind howled all night. Our third night it rained hard AND the wind howled all night! My memories of those nights are represented by the photos of her precious Honda and how the tent site really looked in the morning.
But then I saw wolf pups and Golden Eagles. Two firsts for me. So life is good again.

2 comments:

Plaid.Said. said...

Hahah! Your and Sandra's entries about Denali really are yin and yang.

Emily here, missing both of you dearly. Sorry you guys didnt' have better weather in Denali but the bad stories are funnier/more memorable than the good ones in the retelling.

Ah well. Everything is OK here. Frankly, working here is making me feel like I'm living under a microscope and I almost wonder if I'm strong enough for it. Just this judging and questioning of me all the time is making me question myself more than it should.

Geh. Well, 3 weeks left.

I hope you're both having a great time up north, chasing the dawning sunshine. Next full moon is the 30th!

Best,
Emily

nathan said...

Hey you two! Glad to hear that you're having such a great time. I'm so jealous that you got to see wolves, that's been a life goal that's so far going nowhere for me. But I'll see one eventually. What a gorgeous pup!

Well things back in Homer are going well, you are both missed, but I've got to admit, I love my new room in the bunkhouse!

I got back from the Semidi Islands a couple weeks ago, although I didn't want to come back! We banded about 80 geese, more than twice what Vernon said he had hoped we would band. The weather was sunny every day and it was just a perfect experience.

Well the pictures are excellent, you two really are great photographers. I look forward to seeing more pictures and reading more great stories. Have fun in the land of the midnight sun!

Take care,
Nathan